Sonntag, 14. April 2013

Same old, same old. Or maybe not.

Things that changed after coming back from spring break:

1. The weather. Holy crap! Away with winter boots, gloves and extra layers of clothing. In addition to that I noticed, that as soon as the sun comes out and the temperatures rises, it means summer. I stopped wondering about all the women dressed in hotpants and flipflops. My grandma would say: put some clothes on or you'll get sick!

2. Our moca pot is finally working! One day I woke up and the house smelled like fresh coffee. Which was out of the ordinary, since we didn't have a working coffee machine. So I thought. When I went downstairs to find out where this wonderfull aroma came from I found a note from Riva on the kitchen table which said, that she fixed the neglected moca pot and that it now works fine. I could not have been happier.

3. Time is flying so fast, I have no idea where it went. I am reading and researching for the papers I have to write until the end of classes. Which is ok, I will manage. Although I knew I was right, when I wrote that I would be spending time inside the library once the weather would be getting better.

4. I had a blue screen on my laptop for the first time. Which made me realise I don't have have any backup whatsoever. Bought an external hard drive and now I just keep my fingers crossed that my Toshi will last until I finished writing those papers. Could you do that, too?

Other than that, nothing much is going on in Binghamton. Although I went out dancing for the first time since I got here. To a gay bar - I had a blast. Amy Whinehouse was performing. Her shoulders slightly bigger and her legs stronger than I would have expected them to be...


Just yesterday we went to Pete's birthday party, which was fun. Tequila and rum and sombreros and muchachos and chicas and fake coke made out of sugar and flour. Pete got a cheesecake (which Riva and Sina made by themselves) and was quiet happy about it.
Please check out the large amount of cash (feel free to zoom in on my left boob) that I made selling coke during the night. I bought a mexican dinosaur with it. It was totally worth it.
Business as usual.


And because I know how much you like looking at pictures, here are some more from spring break:

 While strolling around in Manhattan, Riva and I found this place where they sell puppies. Although they are ridiculously cute, they are held in way too smal cubicles and are only able to walk freely once in the morning in the shop before it opens.
 The New York Public Library.
 Philly.
 Washington D.C nice and sunny.
 
Washington not so nice and rainy.



and this, because I think everyone should listen to this gem at least once in their life:

abrazos y besos - Astrid




2 Kommentare:

  1. Sounds like a dope party, ehehe. Poor Toshi, I'll keep him in my prayers 0:)

    cheers, Christian (this comment authorization works in strange ways)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I don't think I have any idea, how this authorizatin is set up... sorry! Though you managed alright. Yes, poor Toshi - I'll try to keep him alive but I guess he won't make it back over the pond. :(

    AntwortenLöschen